THE CONFERENCE HOTEL
Clarion Hotel Conference Center
76 Industrial Highway
Essington, PA, US, 19029
Web Site: http://www.clarionhotel.com/hotel-essington-pennsylvania-PA665
Phone: (610) 521-9600
Fax: (610) 521-9388
Our Conference Hotel is conveniently located 3 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport and also has easy access to numerous area attractions.
Parking at the hotel is free.
Amenities include Free Airport Transportation to and from the hotel, free wireless high-speed Internet access, free local telephone calls, and a fitness center. All rooms have a flat-screen television with cable, plus coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and individual control of heating and air conditioning. This is a non-smoking hotel.
OVERFLOW HOTEL with $99 ROOM RATE
The Clarion Hotel is completely booked as of September 12. We are pleased to announce that we have arranged an overflow hotel at the same special room rate of $99.
Going forward, please contact the Wyndham Garden Hotel, 45 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029, which is directly across the street from the Clarion. They also have a free airport shuttle, although you can use the Clarion free shuttle if you are going to the Clarion first.
To reserve a room at the Wyndham Garden Hotel, call (610) 521-2400 and ask to make a reservation for the “ThyCa” room block.
The Wyndham will guarantee the same $99 room rate until September 20th.
Because people’s plans occasionally change, you’re welcome to contact the Clarion at (610) 521-9600 to see if a room has become available.
If you have any difficulty in making your room reservation, please e-mail: email@example.com
MEALS AT THE HOTEL
You have these choices:
- Lunch Tickets (or purchase lunch tickets on the Conference Registration form). Each ticket costs $10 and provides either a sandwich (chicken, turkey, ham, roast beef or vegetarian) or else a salad, plus chips/fruit and a drink.
- The hotel’s on-site restaurant is Gabriella’s, which also offers room service.
- Join us Friday evening for our welcome and get together from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the hotel. Have some snacks and join in informal conversation with new and old friends.
- Friday night is also a time when people get together for dinner, at the hotel or nearby. Some people create signup sheets in conference central to get together with people from their city or state, or to get together with people with a similar thyroid cancer diagnosis, or for some other reason. Dinner time is a great opportunity to get to know some of the wonderful people at the conference. Make friends to keep in touch with after you go back home.
- An option for Saturday evening is ThyCa’s Annual Dinner/Auction Fundraiser, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. for ThyCa’s Thyroid Cancer Research Grants. Reserve your space either on the Conference Registration Form, or the special Dinner/Auction Form. Both are on the web site. Tickets for the Dinner/Auction $50 with the net proceeds going to the ThyCa Research Funds.
- Join us Saturday night from 9 p.m. to midnight to listen to music, and have a great time talking, dancing, or both. We will have a DJ join us who will keep the night going, playing requested favorites.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE HOTEL
From Philadelphia International Airport (3 miles).
Take I-95 South to Exit 9A (Essington). Take the ramp toward PA-291. Turn right onto Industrial Hwy/PA 291. The Clarion Hotel is on the left.
From the North.
Follow the New Jersey Turnpike (Interstate 95) to exit 3 (Philadelphia and Walt Whitman Bridge). Cross over the bridge and take I-95 South past the airport to Exit 9A (Essington). Take the ramp toward PA-291. Turn right onto Industrial Hwy/PA 291. The Clarion Hotel is on the left.
From Delaware; Baltimore, MD; and Washington, DC
Follow I-95 North to Exit 9A (Essington). Take the ramp toward PA-291. Turn right onto Industrial Hwy/PA 291. The Clarion Hotel is on the left.
From Center City Philadelphia
Follow I-95 South past the airport to Exit 9A (Essington). Take the ramp toward PA-291. Turn right onto Industrial Hwy/PA 291. The Clarion Hotel is on the left.
From the Pennsylvania Turnpike
Take Travel East on the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) to the exit for Route 476 South. Take 476 S. to I-95 North to Exit 9A (Essington). Take the ramp toward PA-291. Turn right onto Industrial Hwy/PA 291. The Clarion Hotel is on the left.
MORE TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
Complimentary Airport Transportation
The Clarion Hotel Conference Center offers complimentary airport transportation.
Train and Bus
Philadelphia is served both by Amtrak and by major bus lines. The closest Amtrak station is Philadelphia (30th Street Station), and is less than 30 minutes by car to the Clarion Hotel Conference Center.
Taxi Service is available to the hotel from the airport, train or bus stations, or elsewhere in the Philadelphia area.
DISCOUNTS FOR AIR TRAVEL AND CAR RENTAL
A wide variety of airlines serve Philadelphia International Airport. In addition to the individual airline web sites, we suggest that you check with online services such as www.orbitz.com, www.kayak.com, and others, for discount airfares.
In addition, we hope to arrange some discounts for air travel and car rentals for conference attendees. We will add information as it becomes available.
SOME AREA ATTRACTIONS
The Philadelphia area has a wide variety of attractions, for people of all ages and interests. Here are a few. Many of these attractions require tickets, so please research in advance. The distances may vary, depending on the route used from the hotel
|Betsy Ross House||10 miles NE|
|Philadelphia Historic District||10 miles NE|
10 miles W
|Reading Terminal Market||10 miles NE|
|US Mint||10 miles NE|
|Adventure Aquarium||12 miles NE|
|Philadelphia Museum of Art||12 miles N|
|Winterthur Museum||15 miles S|
|Longwood Gardens||20 miles SW|
|Brandywine Valley||25 miles NW|
|Valley Forge||30 miles NW|