Sponsored by ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month is listed in the American Hospital Association’s Calendar of Health Observances & Recognition Days.
Free awareness materials are available year-round.Help spread the word about early detection, treatment, and ThyCa’s free support and education.
- Ten Tips on How to Help
- September Is Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month. Started in 2000.
- Invitation to Partner in Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month, sponsored by ThyCa
- Press Release: Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month Highlights Neck Checks, Free Education and Support, Research Needs
- Thyroid Cancer Diagnoses Predicted to Set New Record Total in 2016
- Why is Neck Palpation Important: Readers Share Their Stories
- Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month Spotlights Need for Early Detection and More Research
Awareness Tools and News
- Three Things to Tell Your Friends About Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer is Not a "Good" Cancer
- Top Ten Things to Know About Thyroid Cancer
- New Thyroid Cancer PSA Raises Awareness of Neck Checks, Support Services, Education, and Research
- Thyroid Cancer Infographic
- Radio PSA - Public Service Announcement
With thanks to John Breen, WDTV NewsChannel 5, Clarksburg, W VA
- Free Brochures Available Year-Round
- Have You Had Your Neck Checked?
- AACE Neck Check Card
- Thyroid Infographic (all thyroid disorders) from the Hormone Health Network of The Endocrine Society
- Photos for Facebook and Awareness Messages
- Know the signs to discuss with your physician:
- You feel a lump in your neck, or your doctor may notice a nodule in your neck during a routine checkup. Most of these thyroid nodules are benign (noncancerous).
- Some people first notice lymph node swellings, fullness in the neck, voice changes, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
- Tell others about ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc. and our award-winning web site
- Print out and share these flyers:
- Write to email@example.com for our free brochures:
- Our patient services brochure, “Do you have thyroid cancer?
- Thyroid cancer awareness brochure featuring actress Catherine Bell
- Our information cards
- Give or display the Thyroid Cancer Awareness Wristbands, Ribbon Pins, and Magnets.
- FREE for Your Physician: American Thyroid Association Guidelines
- Free downloadable publications
Thank you for supporting thyroid cancer awareness and education about early detection and treatment, lifelong monitoring, and free support and education for everyone whose life has been touched by thyroid cancer.