Saturday, May 13, 2006
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Washington Adventist Hospital,
Conference Center Building, 3rd Level
(Red brick building near the hospital, on the Carroll Avenue side)
7620 Carroll Avenue (across parking lot from hospital at 7600 Carroll Ave.)
Takoma Park, Maryland 20912
FREE Parking. In lots to the left of the hospital entrance road from Carroll Ave. Driving Directions below the Program Schedule and on the Flyer. Or use Mapquest.
- Kenneth D. Burman, M.D., Director of Endocrinology, Washington Hospital Center, DC; Professor, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Georgetown University Medical School, George Washington University Medical School; Member, ThyCa Medical Advisory Council
- Bruce J. Davidson, M.D., Otolaryntologist, Georgetown University Medical Center and Washington Hospital Center
- Jacqueline Jonklass, M.D., Endocrinologist, Georgetown University Medical Center.
- Yolanda C. Oertel, M.D., Cytopathologist; Washington Hospital Center, DC; Member, ThyCa Medical Advisory Council
- Marina S. Zemskova, M.D. Endocrinologist from the National Institutes of Health and Georgetown University Medical Center
- More speakers being confirmed
- Plus other specialists and survivor/caregiver roundtables for papillary/follicular/variants; medullary; anaplastic.
Register on site on the day of the workshop.
For more information, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Washington_DC@thyca.org or phone 301-493-8810.
-Visit ThyCa’s web site <www.thyca.org> for further details about the speakers, program, and directions.
Come and hear presentations by physician specialists, and receive answers to your questions. Learn and share with other thyroid cancer survivors and families in roundtables. This educational and supportive day is for people at all stages of testing, treatment, and follow-up for all types of thyroid cancer. We also welcome caregivers, friends, and everyone interested.
Driving directions from I-495(Beltway):
From I-495 in western Montgomery County and Northern Virginia:Take Exit 29B onto MD 193 East/University Blvd East toward Langley Park. Go 1.8 miles and turn slight right onto CARROLL AVE/MD-195. Go 0.8 miles to Washington Adventist Hospital.
-From the "outer loop" of I-495 from Prince George's County and Baltimore: Take Exit 28B, MD 650 South/New Hampshire Avenue toward Takoma Park. Go 1.4 miles and turn slight right onto Piney Branch Road. Go 0.5 miles and turn left onto Carroll Ave/MD 195. Go 1.3 miles to the hospital. Parking is free.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc.
An all-volunteer nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization of thyroid cancer survivors, family members, and health care professionals.
PO Box 1545, New York, NY 10159-1545
Please tell others about this free event.