ThyCa South Bay L.A. Support Group
Redondo Beach, CA
The ThyCa South Bay L.A., CA Support Group Meets the first Saturday of each month from 10:00 AM to Noon.
See Special Events below for information about our guest speaker schedule.
Dr. Carole Spencer's presentation at our October meeting has been postponed. We will post the new date when it is available.
||Cancer Support Community -- Room A
109 W. Torrance Blvd.
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
The Cancer Support Community (Building 109) is located on the roof of the Redondo Beach Pier parking structure at the end of Torrance Blvd.
Map to Cancer Support Community (Provided by Google Maps®)
- From the 405 heading south, exit Inglewood Ave. and turn right,
From the 405 heading north, exit Inglewood Ave. and turn left.
- Drive south about 3 miles to 190th St., then turn right. (There is a signal at the intersection. The right lane is a right-turn-only lane.)
- Take 190th St. over a big hill down to Pacific Coast Highway, then turn left. (You need to be in the farthest left turn lane; This is a HUGE intersection at the bottom of the hill.)
- Drive a mile on Pacific Coast Highway to Torrance Blvd., which is a major intersection several blocks past a McDonalds. Turn right on Torrance Blvd.
- Follow Torrance Blvd. past the next signal (Catalina Ave.), but don't continue to where the street ends at the Redondo Beach Pier.
- Turn right into the second driveway past Catalina Ave. (The first drive way is to a residential complex.) Do not drive into the underground parking garage.
- Continue up the ramp on the right.
- Park in the lot at the top of the ramp that is immediately to the right. You can park anywhere in the structure if you continue beyond the top of the ramp, but you will see the Cancer Support Community building if you park to the right at the top of the ramp.
- Before you pay for parking, go to the Cancer Support Community to get the discount code.
Candy Crimin 310-493-2041
||November 4: Dr. Michael Yeh, Professor of Surgery and Medicine and Chief of Endocrine Surgery at UCLA will have a presentation.
On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, October 6-8, 2017, you
are cordially invited to the 20th
International Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Conference,
in Linthicum Heights (Baltimore), Maryland, USA. This event is
sponsored by ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc.
Dozens of leading thyroid cancer specialists from around the country will
speak and answer questions about thyroid cancer care and research. The
weekend also features speakers and roundtables on skills for coping with thyroid
cancer. This educational and supportive conference is for people at all
phases of testing, treatment, and follow-up for thyroid cancer, as well as
caregivers, friends, health care professionals, and anyone interested in thyroid
cancer. Scholarships to cover the registration fee are available on request.
Walk-in attendees are welcome.
http://www.thyca.org/support/conferences/ for further details .
October 6: Carole Spencer, Phd, Director of USC Endocrine Services Laboratory, and Professor of Medicine will discuss research integrating clinical and lab aspects of thyroid disease and treatment, with special focus on thyroglobulin antibodies.-->
|Other nearby ThyCa support groups:
Return to the Local Support Groups home page.
Nothing discussed at a support group should be considered as a replacement for a doctor's care. We do not give medical advice. We do share support and our own experiences. We are each ultimately responsible for our own care.
Send updates to the webmasters and support group coordinator.
If the above link does not work for you, please send updates to email@example.com. Include the name of your group.
This page was updated on Oct 10, 2017.