Arizona Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Workshop To Be Held In Scottsdale01/2007
On Saturday, March 3, 2007, ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association will offer a FREE one-day workshop for thyroid cancer survivors, their families, caregivers, and friends. The event will take place from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the Conference Center at Scottsdale Healthcare, Shea Campus, 9003 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, Arizona.
The ThyCa Phoenix Thyroid Cancer Support Group has organized the workshop in cooperation with the Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center at Scottsdale Healthcare. Attendees may register on site at the workshop.
This free educational and supportive day is open to people at all phases of testing, treatment, and follow-up for thyroid cancer, as well as their caregivers and everyone interested in learning about thyroid cancer. Featured speakers include:
- Daniel S. Duick, M.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.E., Endocrinologist, Endocrinology Associates, Phoenix; Vice President, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Calvin L. Lutrin, M.D., Medical Director, Nuclear Medicine Service, Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix
- Peter H. Nutley, M.D., F.A.C.S., Head and Neck Surgeon, Phoenix
- Kristina B. Rudgear, M.D., Endocrinologist, Medical Director, Scottsdale Thyroid Institute, Scottsdale
- Suzanne Hyde, L.M.S.W., Medical Social Worker, Virginia G. Piper Cancer Center, Scottsdale
- Tresha Baldwin, P.T., Physical Therapist, Owner, 360° Physical Therapy and Aquatic Centers, Tempe/Scottsdale and valley-wide
Presentations and question-and-answer sessions will cover thyroid cancer diagnosis, treatment, lifelong monitoring, and research advances, as well as physical therapy following neck surgery and community and financial resources for cancer patients.
For attendees needing overnight lodging, group rates are available at the La Quinta Inn, which is within walking distance of the workshop site. To reserve a room, call the Inn at 1-800-531-5900 by February 15, 2007, and ask for the rate for the ThyCa Workshop.
For further workshop information, e-mail to Thyca_Phoenix@thyca.org, call Gail Gundling at 480-585-5811, or visit www.thyca.org.
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc. is a national nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization providing person-to-person support, support groups, the free downloadable Low-Iodine Cookbook, free online newsletter, awareness materials, free one-day workshops, and other resources to thyroid cancer survivors, their families, and the public at no charge. ThyCa also funds thyroid cancer research grants, sponsors Thyroid Cancer Awareness Month in September, and will hold the 10th International Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Conference in San Francisco, California, on October 19-21, 2007.
For more information, visit www.thyca.org, write PO Box 1545, New York, NY 10159-1545, call toll-free to 877-588-7904, fax to 630-604-6078, or e-mail to email@example.com.