Announcement of Search for Executive Director Position06/2007
ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Association, Inc. is proud of our 12 years of tremendous growth in our support services, outreach, and research advocacy.
We now seek an Executive Director to work in concert with our volunteer Board, committee coordinators, and hundreds of dedicated volunteers to further ThyCa's vision and strategic plan to grow support services, education, and outreach, especially for underserved populations, as well as to foster research advocacy, constituents, and alliances.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the successful day-to-day management of the Association according to the strategic direction of, and in collaboration with, the Board. This position includes duties and responsibilities in general, operational, and financial management. The Executive Director will report directly to the ThyCa Board.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Five or more years experience in volunteer-based non-profit management and development.
- Current or prior experience in a volunteer role within ThyCa.
- A passion for the ThyCa mission and volunteer services.
- Human relations skills, including but not limited to leadership, volunteer recruitment and coordination, strong verbal and written communication skills, negotiation and speaking skill, and an ability to relate to a diverse population.
- Experience in building positive, long-term relationships with professional and community organizations, grantors, and other stakeholders by e-mail, phone, letter, and in person.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including use of technology to streamline workflow and support volunteer effectiveness.
- Respect for lean financial operating environments, ongoing attention to cost efficiencies and balanced budgets. Comfort with managing priorities, despite competing agendas and voices, is very important.
The Executive Director will work at home or in donated office space. The position will include regular weekday hours, plus some evening and weekend hours. Some travel will be required.
Compensation will be determined commensurate with affordability for ThyCa and the individual's experience, skills, and education. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
We invite everyone interested to apply for this position. However, any ThyCa Board Members involved in developing the position description and announcement and conducting the applicant review are not eligible to apply. Sara Brenner, ThyCa Board Member, is Search Director for this position.
To view the full job description, please click here.
Please send a resume and cover letter to ThyCa, Attention Sara Brenner at email@example.com. If you would prefer to mail your resume and cover letter, please mail them to:
ThyCa, Attention Sara Brenner, PO Box 2327, Allen, TX 75013
Or fax to Sara Brenner at 1-972-384-1867
The deadline for an e-mailed application is July 29, 2007. The postmark for a mailed application is July 25, 2007. Confidentiality will be maintained regarding applicants’ names and materials.
Please include an e-mail address in the cover letter. The application will be acknowledged by e-mail within a week of its receipt. Applicants selected for interviews or further inquiry will be notified by phone or e-mail.
Direct Your Questions
Please direct your questions about the position and application process to firstname.lastname@example.org.