Free California Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Workshop To Be Held Saturday, July 17, 2010, in Stanford, California06/2010
On Saturday, July 17, 2010, thyroid cancer survivors, caregivers, and friends are invited to the California Thyroid Cancer Survivors' Workshop.
The free one-day workshop is sponsored by ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc., a national nonprofit organization that provides information and support to people with thyroid cancer, and its local affiliates.
This educational and supportive event takes place from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Stanford Cancer Center, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 875 Blake Wilbur, Stanford, California.
- Haruko Akatsu, M.D., M.S., Endocrinologist, Stanford University Medical Center
- Benjamin Fisch, M.D., Thyroid Cancer Survivor, Radiation Oncologist, Kaiser Permanente, Santa Clara Homestead Medical Center
- I. Ross McDougall, M.D., Ph.D., Nuclear Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center
- Wen T. Shen M.D., Endocrine Surgeon, University of California at San Francisco Medical Center
- Ava Wu, D.D.S., Oral Medicine, University of California at San Francisco School of Dentistry
- Michael Yao M.D., ENT, Stanford University Medical Center
The workshop welcomes people at all phases of testing, treatment, and follow-up for thyroid cancer, as well as family members, friends, health care professionals, community group staff and volunteers, and everyone interested in learning from experts about thyroid cancer.
This event is free. You are invited to come for all or part of the day. Register either online or onsite at the workshop. The web site has the day’s program schedule, directions to the workshop location, and further details.
For more information, e-mail to SiliconValley@thyca.org or call 1-877-588-7904.
The ThyCa Silicon Valley Thyroid Cancer Support Group is the host and organizer of this free event. Visit ThyCa's web site for more details about the many free resources of the national nonprofit ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association, Inc.